Sunday, March 11, 2012

Scarlett is almost ONE!!!

This past weekend I took pictures of Scarlett for her first birthday. I can't believe how quickly it goes by...I know other moms told me it would, but I had no idea it would go this fast. 
I have spent many nights over the last couple of weeks just rocking her in her room and thinking about how 1 year ago I couldn't wait to see what this little girl was going to look like, smell like, be like.. 
I couldn't believe how beautiful she was when I first laid eyes on her. Now look at her...she's still the most beautiful baby I've ever seen and she has the personality to match it. She brings so much joy to my heart and I can't even remember what our lives were like before her. 
Jordan always tells me to not be sad to be happy about the future and being able to watch her grow up. I am starting to understand that...it's so much fun to see different parts of all of us in her the older she gets. It also brings me so much happiness to see her and Gavin laugh and play together. 
My hope is that she can stay this pure and beautiful as she grows up. 
But until March 28th she is still my little baby...not a one year old just yet! 
The theme of her party is Olivia the Pig :) Its the most adorable show on Nick Jr. Her and Gavin love it! I sent out her invitations yesterday, ordered her smash cake and bought some of the decorations. 
We let her test out some cake when we took her pictures and I'm not so sure she liked the cake... 
Haha who am I kidding!! She had a fit when I took it away from her lol then had a total sugar rush when we got home. She was rolling all of the floor and making silly noises it was hilarious!! 
Well I am going to try and look at this whole birthday thing in a positive light lol. It's very hard for a mom to watch her baby get older, but she will always be our baby girl no matter how old she gets. (I realize I am talking like she is turning 18 years old and moving out of the house next week...but that's what it feel like!!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment